Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bike Bike Bike to Work

I started biking to work yesterday.  It's about 4.5 - 6 miles from my house (depending on my route).  The road is flat and the biggest hurdle is the car traffic, so it doesn't feel like 4.5 miles.  Not like going 2 miles navigating those damn San Francisco hills.  I don't even try to go fast.

But let me say, even though at the time it just feels like I'm pedaling along NBD.  Right now, after about 18 miles in two days, I might be a little tired.  Okay a lot tired.  It just hit me.  Wowza.  That's a lot of miles.  Especially for someone so embarrassingly out-of-shape as yours truly.   Also did I mention I was hauling tables around the library yesterday.  Did I mention I'm a librarian now?

Maybe Andrew is right.  I should fix up my bike if I'm gonna be riding so much.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are wearing a helmet. Love Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your mom on the helmet! :-) Also, that's amazing that you're biking-- I usually end up walking at least part-way home from work (about a mile, sometimes more) and I feel so much healthier and in shape since I started walking a mile a day in June. You're going to love it once you get into the routine. But yeah, fix up your bike. So jealous you're a librarian!

    ReplyDelete