Last night I dreamt that one of my counselors had gotten into a relationship with one of our campers. A relationship. In real life the counselor is 20 and the camper is 6. So in my dream I was like "Holy shit, what?! How is that possible, how old is he?" And then, as if it made it all okay, she goes "10. But I'm 16. There's only a 6 year difference. It's not that big of a deal." To which I respond, "Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense." Womp womp. I'm surprised the dream didn't continue with me calling his parents for permission. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Franklin, this is Melissa from Camp, I just wanted to check-in with you about your son's romantic relationship with one of our counselors. It's completely mutual and they are only 6 years apart. We figured it would be no big deal, but I just wanted to confirm with you that it was okay. It's camp policy."
I woke up and I was like "Not funny, subconscious. Not funny."
No comments:
Post a Comment