Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fake Fall

Very temporary fall greetings from L.A.!

Right now it's perfect.  I'm sitting on my balcony with a Spiced Pumpkin Cider candle, Trader Joe's Harvest blend tea, Bob Dylan's greatest hits, a sweater and flannel PJ's.  I'm going to sit here and pretend that this is the first of the days that will get increasingly chillier.  And that in a couple of months I will have to wear a coat outside.  And turn on the heat inside.  That eventually all the trees will change and lose their leaves. And I'll see my breath in the morning.  And after that, I'll need my mittens.  And one day I'll wake up in the morning and see snow outside. I'm gonna pretend all that will happen.

I'm gonna pretend because I know I first visited L.A. in the middle of February and I marveled at the beautiful tropical flowers.  And brought shorts for Disneyland.

There haven't been many times that I've said to myself "I should have gone to New York instead."  But this beautiful fake fall day is one of them.
You have no idea how excited I am to wear this.

No comments:

Post a Comment