Saturday, March 7, 2015

ENTER THE BITCH

I always start my mornings reading a little bit about writing and storytelling.  Today I opened up Nancy's Lamb's The Art and Craft of Story Telling to the chapter titled "ENTER THE BITCH: The Power of Negative Voices" and this quote:

"It's easy, after all, not to be a writer.  Most ;people aren't writers, and very little harm comes to them." ~ Julian Barnes

Considering the amount of frustration, and let's be real anxiety that's starting to creep in with writing this book, "Am I getting too much help from others?  Is this story pedantic? Boring? Overly complex? To dark? Is this even the story I wanted to tell? Can I even finish it? If I do finish it, do I have the people skills to get it published?" (to name a few), I think this is a good chapter to start the day on.

No comments:

Post a Comment