Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Focus

I have this desperate need to be writing these days.  Any time I'm not I have this gnawing feeling in the back of my mind that I should be working on this book.  Subconsciously, I think, I've linked it with a lot more than just "finishing this book".  Like Zuko, this book is my Avatar, it gives me hope that my life can be what I make it, instead of what it is (ex-teacher turned aspiring waitress in an L.A. suburb).

But somedays, writing will throw these major roadblocks in my way, and even though I was trucking along full speed yesterday, suddenly today I find my car lodged in a major pothole that I can't even imagine getting out of.  Or sometimes I just get distracted by things on the side of the road.  I know I should be writing, and I want to be, but Grayson on Drop Dead Diva just came back to life as a convicted murderer and shouldn't I just see how this plays out?

So some days, like today, I find myself grumping around the house at 4 pm because I feel like I wasted the whole day.  

But I have a couple tricks, namely:

Journey's Separate Ways and (shamefully) Caffeine. 

So excuse my while I make a 4 pm cup of coffee and try to salvage my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment