The next weekend was spent cavorting around Fort Mason/Marina/Cow Hollow. The Marina made me wonder why I decided that I valued happiness, friendship, and "doing-what-I-loved" over money. I mean, money can buy happiness, right? It was the cleanest place I've been in the city right. Actually, it was like uncomfortably clean. In retrospect, think the Lower Haight is more my kind of neighborhood.
 |
| Fort Mason. Notice the characteristic smudge in the center of my camera. This is the weekend after I submerged my camera in an inch of water after my water bottle leaked all over the base of my backpack. Fun fact: if that ever happens to you, leave it in a bowl of rice for a week. |
 |
| Some Senator "orating" in a fantastic park between Fort Mason and the Marina. I think it looks more like he's looking at his hand going "Holy shit, what's on my hand?! Is that pigeon poop?!" |
 |
| Pictures of Boats for my parents. And Andy. |
 |
| This is a sculpture that I think is called a "Wave Organ". You put your ear by these tubes (see below) and listen to the sound of the tides. |
 |
| Apparently it's best at High Tide, at Low Tide is sounds like the "gurgling of a toilet" as my guidebook put it. I think that was an accurate description. |
As you probably read on facebook, I saw a wedding at the Palace of Fine arts as I was exploring. I'll be real, I got teary eyed. It reminded me of that time that Nate and I saw someone propose in a park in Richmond. He came up to us afterwards and was just shaking he was so happy; he asked us to take a picture. It was one of the best moments of my life.
Anyway, after I got home I started looking up pricing and how to schedule a wedding here. Apparently it's not the best place because of SF's temperamental weather, but seriously, what kind of moron has outdoor, "June Wedding" in SF. I've only been here for a couple months, and even I know the phrase "June Gloom". (And am dreading it).
 |
Palace of Fine Arts. SO getting married here if I'm still in SF. Needless to say, I make plans years in advance. I started going to college fairs when I was 13, only makes sense I'd start planning my wedding early too, right?
That reminds me, I had this dream the other night about getting married. And for some reason I was like "Oh marriage, it's NBD, we'll just go to the Justice of the Peace and not tell anyone about it. Like, it's just another thing on my to-do list." I woke up feeling quite tragic.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment