Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blue Bananas

My mom and sister wanted to see pics of my new dress.  So I am subjecting all six of my internet followers to it.  Hope that's okay.

Excuse my sour expression; I was trying to look 'cool' and not have a fat face. (Don't judge, we've all done it).
It's my first maxi dress. I almost bought one a couple years ago, but was worried the fad was over.  Glad I was wrong.
I've discovered that standing this way makes me look hella skinny.
Those are blue bananas btw.
Other fun things in my life:  I'm obsessed with Percy Jackson right now.  I just bought Katy Perry's Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection album and am thoroughly obsessed ("Circle the Drain", "The One That Got Away [Acoustic]", plus all the songs I already loved), I bought a bunch of blank CD's so I can listen to This American Life episodes while I drive (I drive so much).  I'm thinking of wearing make-up everyday (bold eyes and lips).  I'm obsessed with my combat boots (if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm prone to obsession).  I saw a wedding at the Shakespeare Garden in Golden Gate Park; this is a pretty city to get married in.  Removing lacquer from brass doorknobs can be a bitch.

3 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with your new dress! Where did you get it?! I also often think of trying to wear make-up everyday. I go strong for about three days and then slip back into my usual no-make-up and ponytail routine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at this place called Ambiance which is only in San Francisco. It started as a boutique in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood (where I bought my dress), but now has four locations around the city. I saw this dress like a month ago when my parents were in town and was all "I don't need it." Then, of course, couldn't stop thinking about it. And currently I wear make-up about 3 times a month, but I love when I see those hipster girls with dark eyes and red lips, so I'm wondering if I could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Clearly I need to visit SF for a shopping trip. I'm the same way about make-up. I always want to, them somehow it's time to catch the bus and I'm hurriedly throwing on clothes and have left no time for make-up. I hope June Gloom isn't too bad... no one here has mentioned it, but I guess that's because Seattle is just Gloom all the time. Although, the sun came out today!

    ReplyDelete