We had this unofficial ritual in grad school; on Fridays we'd get off from work, drive to Norfolk, order
the best Chinese from this place near Safeway, watch that week's
Criminal Minds on DVR. We'd rag on the shitty writing in the new season, but still freak out about Emily Prentiss' eminent doom. Usually by the time we started
Kitchen Nightmares, I'd had enough beer, Chinese food, and school children to fall asleep on the couch. If I managed to stay awake, I'd marvel at how Gordon Ramsay could be so angry, and how those people could get so defensive when they are holding the reins of a dying business. After Gordon Ramsay the apartment would start to fill up, people would start trickling home. It was an easy, casual, delicious, wonderful existence.
I find myself craving that casual Friday night feel. Where you can just kick back and
be with someone you genuinely enjoy being around. You can kind of talk, but it doesn't have to be important. No one is trying hard to be awesome, you're just hanging out.
 |
| C'mon, who doesn't love a good episode about our dear, probably schizophrenic Dr. Spencer Reid? |
 |
| IQ of 187? Eidetic Memory? Familiar, much? |
No comments:
Post a Comment