Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Living the Dream

Can I just tell you all about my night?

After buying a dozen incredibly adorable mason jars to replace all the mugs Abigail took after ABANDONING ME, I came home and started cleaning/preparing/paying attention to the CSA box that I've been ignoring since last Thursday.

I made Vegetarian Southern-style Collard Greens (carrots, scallions, green garlic, red lentils, butter, olive oil, and veggie bouillon simmered for 40 minutes... all the veggies were in my CSA btdubbs).  And Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (olive oil, fresh rosemary, green garlic [I'd leave this out though next time, it burns after an hour of roasting at 400 degrees], salt and pepper).  I'm drying fresh oregano in my window. Drinking wine from a Virginia-- Loudoun County-- winery.  And watching Disney's Pocahontas from my local library in FRENCH.  I couldn't be more smug and self-satisfied right now IF I TRIED.

I may not be able to sustain this lifestyle past the summer, but DAMN I'm gonna live it up while I can.

The wine is called Long-Bomb from Tarara Winery btdubbs.  If you're into reds, I guess the word I'd use is "peppery"?  Also, I feel like your'e supposed to use a slotted spoon and drain collard greens, but I'm just treating it like soup... because why not?

1 comment:

  1. Everything in this post except the abandonment is awesome

    ReplyDelete