So planning your own vacations is a super fun new thing that being a middle-class adult is allowing me to do.
That being said, a couple months ago my college acquaintance Andrew and I hatched a plan to go to Disneyland. He lives in L.A. and said he'd show me around and then we could do a Disney day. Two essential California adventures I needed to have before leaving the West Coast.
Now, I've gotta be honest: Andrew and I hadn't seen each other since college and my feelings toward him were muddy at best. I spent the first semester I knew him actively hating him and that grew into a comfortable tolerance by the end of college. Neither one of us were sure how this visit would go, but it had potential for major awkwardness. What can I say, I really wanted to go to Disneyland.
LUCKILY, seven years can do a lot to put people on more similar pages and we ended up having a
great time.
Here are some pics:
Wednesday:
 |
| Beginning of the journey. Dangerous car-selfie. |
 |
| Almost the whole drive passed by beautiful trees in bloom. Cherry orchards? Almond Ranches? Other things? |
 |
| Hour number four I see my first and only Arby's, which I subsequently blocked to take this picture. |
 |
| More out-the-window landscapes. Watching the sunset over this on the way back was magical. |
Thursday:
 |
| Mulholland Drive overlooking the Valley |
 |
| Hollywood sign. We never got very close. Maybe I'll have to go back to check it out properly. |
 |
| Andrew playing in the fountain near the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Boulevard. |
 |
| Grauman's Chinese Theater |
 |
| For Ma |
 |
| For May |
 |
| For me. |
 |
| We walked from Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier and back, but my camera died so I don't really have any pictures. I really liked the Venice Boardwalk, it was like Haight Street. |
 |
| Under the Pier |
Friday:
 |
| The man and the mouse themselves! |
 |
On Tom Sawyer's Island Pirate's Lair |
 |
| For William, but he probs won't read this. |
 |
| Faux-candid shot "I look kinda dopey". |
 |
| So Carsland is hella cool. They recreated Radiator Springs! It was like being on the set… of a cartoon. |
 |
| Having never seen Cars, Andrew didn't understand why I was so excited. |
 |
| We had dinner at Flo's. Come ON. That's cool. |
 |
| Paradise Pier. |
 |
| View from the Ferris Wheel. |
 |
| Weirdest place in the park. Mad Tea Party. |
 |
| Glowing cocktails and thumping electronica. Cool kinda sexy scene except there were kids EVERYWHERE. |
 |
| The white rabbit threw down some fat beats. |
 |
| Always the best ride. |
Saturday we just kind of hung around and regrouped. Went to a cool coffee shop, then headed out. All in all GUH-reat vacay and sooooo not ready to start the school week.
No comments:
Post a Comment