Thursday, July 12, 2012

Guys,

Sometimes I am so full of love.  I'm exhausted, just run down, and just haven't had a moment to think.  But this afternoon, I was sitting in the gym yard watching some of the girls pretend their scooters were horses, and I had a moment.  And I just felt so... awesome.  Like just awesome.  Like, "I want my life to be like this every day."  I want to ride the bus to work, and use Muni to go on field trips, and get backstage tours of the Symphony, and hang out with these great kids, and learn this city and love this city.

And it's so weird.  How I've come like 180 degrees from where I was in May.  And it makes me wonder about a chemical imbalance in my brain.  It's only been 3 weeks, but I've spent those three weeks (minus like 2 days in the very beginning) completely awash in awesome.

And I'm already looking ahead to a month and a half from now, when everything will be back to normal.  Where I'll have my boring job, up in the boring suburbs, where boring 45 year old men hit on me in boring Starbucks.  Where I'll have only 4 co-workers, none of them under thirty.  Where all my students will be white and wealthy.

But that's just me trying to be realistic.  Let's focus on the part where my campers made a BANGIN' haunted house and I scared the SHIT out of an adorable 4 year old girl, and it only made her MORE adorable.  And later that same day I stood on the stage of the San Francisco Symphony.  And rumors are floating about Karaoke after work on Friday.  CAMP IS SO MUCH WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment