Friday, July 27, 2012

Slapstick

I thoroughly enjoyed Kurt Vonnegut's Slapstick.  So much so that I missed my entrance at the end of Act I.  I had disliked Breakfast of Champions so overwhelmingly that I decided I couldn't deal with any more Vonnegut for awhile.  A month(ish) later, we're back together.  Forgiveness for the win.

"'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it,' he said.
The scribes scribbled away.
'Yes,' I said.  'If our descendants don't study our times closely, the will find that they have again exhausted the planet's fossil fuels, that that have again died by the millions of influenza and The Green Death, that the sky has again been turned yellow by the propellants for underarm deodorants, that they have again elected a senile President two meters tall, and that they are yet again the intellectual and spiritual inferiors of teeny-weeny Chinese.'"

Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment