Thursday, August 9, 2012

The More You Know

Important self realization:  I don't like hosting gatherings.  I mean, I loved having people over to hang out or whatever, but at the same time I was like "too many peoples, too many stimuli, too much going on in my apartment."

When I was in high school, we never went over to my house.  I'd have like one friend over at a time.  I thought I did that because I was super hormonal and "didn't want to be under the oppressive thumb of my mother" (I love my mama by the way, she's great, but teenager's brains don't process things correctly).

I think, however, that my introversion can only handle a few people at a time.  And if I AM in a big group, I have to know that I can leave it whenever I feel like it.   (Ironically, I have a tendency to be the one of the last people to leave a party).  I just don't have that host mentality.  I don't like giving a shit what people are doing, if they have enough wine, if they are going to spill it on my carpet, if they are enjoying themselves, if they are bothering my neighbors.

WELP.  Now we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment