Monday, February 25, 2013

Spring Awakening/Closer

I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation.

As some of you may remember, I've been single for a bit over a year now.  And as Pete describes it, I've been "a nun".

"I'm going through a serious dry spell right now," he said to me one night in December, "I mean, when was the last time you were with someone you were actually into?"
"Uh... 2011."
"Damn, I don't feel so bad anymore."

Yep.

I just haven't been into it.  For a variety of reasons.  But that's not what this post is about.

The point is, the whole time I wasn't seeing anyone, I never felt any real need to change the situation.  Usually being single makes me pretty fidgety.  I work kinda hard to meet someone new.  But then, I just needed a break.  It felt more natural and comfortable to be on my own.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel fidgety again.

No comments:

Post a Comment