I've decided that I really like riding my bike around the city. Not only do I get that smug satisfaction that comes from saying "Yeah, I rode my bike here", but I also get to explore the city a little more. I was at this training out in the Outer Sunset by the beach, in the most dilapidated building I have ever been in. Peeling paint, broken windows, it was a wonder they were expecting people to meet there.
Anyway, it was totally beautiful (rare for the Sunset, it's usually covered in fog) and because I had my bike I got to do some neighborhood shopping on my break. That's where I go around a neighborhood and look at the houses and say "I could totally live there" or "if I had kids, this neighborhood would be perfect" or "what a cute school, I should apply there". That's one of my favorite past times. I did that on a date once in D.C.. No joke.
The training I was going to was all about non-violent crisis prevention and man. I think everyone should take a class like that once in their life. Like I've taken so many teaching and psychology classes at this point that it's totally changed the way I interact with people, and I really really wish other people in this world had similar backgrounds. Maybe we'd all be cooler to each other. And more understanding. And more communicative.
Which reminds me. Finally getting that Harry Potter tattoo on Friday. Psyched/nervous.
One of the instructors at the training had this big smile and sweet, light-hearted person that just lit up the room when she talked, really made it feel safe and warm and inviting. I wish I had that kind of personality sometimes. I mean, I'm happy with the snarky, high-standards person I am, but sometimes, even Lady Mary wishes she could be a bit more like Anna.
But I went to Washington Square Park the other day and GOD it was a Yorkie convention. And I just started thinking about living in a swank little studio with my swank little dog, who I have decided will be named Arnold after Ginny's Pygmy Puff in HPot or maybe Pigwidgeon after Ron's owl... both are tiny little balls of fluff like those dogs.
And that's about it right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment