BOOM! Birthday blog post time! I'm officially on the north end of my twenties. So to ignore how DAMN OLD my age sounds, let's relive the awesomeness that was my birthday week. Like I said last year, my birthdays aren't usually a big to do, but this year, man, was especially rockin'.

It actually started earlier this week when I got a letter and some gifts from one of my fourth graders at my old job. I'm pretty sure it was meant as a late holiday gift, but it got here just in time for my birthday!
A little later, I got a package from my friend Pete on the East Coast. Earlier that week I had regaled him with a play by play attempt to poach eggs in coffee cups. It failed, so I wasn't surprised when I opened the package and found this:
Which I used to relative success while watching the Red Letter Media reviews of the Star Wars prequels. Hilarious stuff and the only reason I have any knowledge of the plots of those movies.
Fast forward to Saturday. I met some of my faves, Abigail, Willow, and Sarah, at Zazie in Cole Valley. The atmosphere at Zazie is fantastic, and I hear rumors that they have a gorgeous heated garden patio, but I've never sat there. The food is fantastic too, it's one of those menus where I want to try everything, rather than sticking to what I got last time. You've probs all seen the photos on fbook (or can go look if you're that interested), so I won't regurgitate them here, except for maybe this one, because the food looks so good and you can see my tattoo.

After Zazie we went next door to The Ice Cream Bar, an old-fashioned soda fountain. The concept is fantastic and so are the sodas/floats. But I have to admit there's something lacking about the interior. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seemed a little dank in there. Like it's so close to having a great atmosphere, but somehow just misses it. I think it's the paint color they chose for the walls. It's almost that turquoise that's really hot right now, but with a little too much brown mixed in. Makes it murky That being said, don't let the atmosphere deter you. Go in and get a hand-fashioned soda. I had this thing that tasted like a big, frothy, adults-only cup of Werther's candies.
After The Ice Cream Bar, I went down to my Improv class, which is always a good time, then downtown to see Abigail in her play. Oh yeah, this swank-ass place is where she was performing. NBD.
Right before the curtain rose, I got this text from a college friend of mine. He's been keeping his distance all year, so it was very very touching.
Sunday was a relatively productive day for errands and stuff, and then Monday after school I went over to the Post Office to pick up my brand new Kindle from my parents! So excited. I'm so over carrying multiple heavy books in my backpack at any given time.
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
Oh and I guess the Superbowl was last night. And I guess we lost. And Beyonce had one of the best half-time shows in a long time.
So if I take my birthday to be some kind of cosmic foreshadowing for the next year (which I did last year and it proved eerily correct) then this year is going to be awesome and exhausting and full of wonderful people.
So if I take my birthday to be some kind of cosmic foreshadowing for the next year (which I did last year and it proved eerily correct) then this year is going to be awesome and exhausting and full of wonderful people.




No comments:
Post a Comment