Wednesday, June 26, 2013

No, I Won't be Afraid

Today was basically the worst.

To the point that I was like "What am I going to do about rent if I end up having to quit my job prematurely?"

I pretty much just sent an email to someone explaining how dissent is not the same as disrespect.

Stand by Me is on loop.

A counselor and the director were out sick with some throwing up thing.

I'm having a hard time self-regulating at work.  What is my job?  How do I tell myself and everyone, "I'm taking 20, I refuse to help anyone".  I keep eating really small portions and not being hungry, so I'm not sure how that is working.  I mean, I'm running around doing things all the time.  Normally I'm hungry all the time, when all I'm doing is sitting down.

I say I won't check emails at home, but then I just spent an hour doing that.

I haven't worked a day under 9.5 hours since I started.  I'm just trying to get down to a 9 hour day guys, seriously.  That's my goal.  What the fuck is this job; I don't know how to self-care.  Normally, nothing is more important than number one.  I feel personally responsible for all 90 kids and all 15 counselors.  I don't know how to stop feeling that way.  I feel like all the adults are expecting me to be totally flawless and on-point because I'm in charge, and I haven't figured out how to do my job efficiently enough to be that way and still find time for self-regulation.  I hate adults.  Kids don't judge you, and if they do, it doesn't matter... because they're five.

I also drank a Dr. Pepper during Improv tonight.  I like made a point of drinking slowly and eating a lot of starch with it so the caffeine would keep me up, but not make me throw up.

Guys, I'm buying that mother fucking Anthro dress.  I deserve it. #caffeine #shopping #tv #misanthropy #beer #poornutrition #notcleaningmyapartment #stress-induced-vices

No comments:

Post a Comment