Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Week Fancy

Hey everyone.  I had my first week of teaching, and let me say I was really surprised by how manageable it seemed.  I mean, I feel like I'm missing something.  Or just lucked out with this school district maybe.

If we compare my mood, stress level, and sense of control on the first week of Camp this summer compared to the first week of school it would look like this:

Very Scientific


Here's hoping the rest of the school year feels like this.  But I have a feeling it won't.  Especially once assessments start becoming a thing.

On a different note, I really want to move.  I feel like I've done San Francisco and am now setting my sights on other cities.  There are a lot of things about SF that I really like.  Lots of really shallow things. How people bring reusable bags to the grocery store, composting, brunch culture, all the hipster bullshit, tattoos, music festivals, liberal everything, shopping on Haight street, millions of restaurants, food trucks, bike culture.  And so I really want the next place I go to have some of those things.  I also want it to be less foggy and closer to people I know.  Oh, and I want to be able to go to a beach where I can swim in the ocean.  Or at least an outdoor pool. So I'm kind of window shopping, and right now, in August (keep in mind I can't even think of moving before June), I'm getting into Austin.  That'll probably change like a thousand times before I do build up the stones to leave SF.

And then I found this list, and while a lot of it is NOT relatable, a lot of them are things I like. That and it made me crave Mexican food.

Popular for year round swimming.  Barton Springs Pool.

Also cost of living in Austin is hella hella hella cheap, but starting salary for teachers is the same as in SF.  So win win win.  Oh, and apartments that allow animals, have parking, and a pool are super easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment