Thursday, August 1, 2013

Someone to Watch Over Me

I feel so weird right now.  After a surprisingly mellow day, I inhaled about 4 donuts and suffered a supreme sugar crash.  Now I'm back home and just feeling off.  As much as I love living alone, I really miss having someone to come home to and decompress with.  I wanna talk about how today was surprisingly lame and chill when it was supposed to be this big party/stress fest.  I want to feel motivated to cook dinner to share.  I wanna talk about how simultaneously bored and frustrated I am at my job.  How scared I am for my new one.  How I feel so behind on life.   How I miss working with kids and hate working with adults.  And it's hard when my days are long like this to remember to call Nate, or to make plans with Sarah, or forward Abigail's mail.

I like having someone to come home to.  I'm a lazy companion.  But everyone in SF is so transient.  No one I connect with out here ever actually hangs around.

"Someone to Watch Over Me" 
performed by
Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment