Monday, August 19, 2013

San Francisco Staycation

OR The Muppets Take Manhattan [if we are the muppets and San Francisco is Manhattan and the story line is completely different]

OR Two Introverts Walk into a Bar [if one is too young to go to a bar]

So William officially moved to Texas Saturday morning, and lemme say, I am oh so sad.  But before that happened we spent a week exploring the Bay Area and indulging our mutual hatred of most people.  Here are the spoils:

Okay, so William's idea of a good time is staying in and watching Doctor Who.  Now, I can be into that sometimes, but especially if I've got another person I like an adventure.  So Monday was our chill day.  Meaning we've only got one picture... from brunch at Eats. 
Tuesday, and maybe my favorite day, was to Point Reyes to hike.  Wake up early, beautiful drive, beautiful hike, picnic lunch.  My favorite kind of day.
We picnicked over at Arch Rock.  While we were hiking I told William the story of The Secret Garden, The Little Princess, Sister Act II, and like a bunch of other movies because he had a sad and depraved childhood/hadn't seen them.

Wednesday: My favorite picture from the week/fave shirt I've seen him wear. On the way to the Exploratorium.
Upside down reflection at the vision/perception area of the Exploratorium.
Colored shadows.
Ever stoic William inWashington Square Park after lunch in Chinatown and gelato in North Beach.
Thursday was another mellow day b/c William was tutoring, so we didn't get going until later at night.  After dinner [and a few too many Sangrias] at Soma Streat Food, we headed over to Dolores Park Playground.  Here he is laying down some sick beats on the rainbow drums.

And here I am failing at "the ground is lava."

Friday:  The one and only picture from Santa Cruz before we had to turn around prematurely for literally no reason.  I'm sorry, I am going to be mad about that for a long time  It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz and a terrible, horrible, depressing day in SF (think 77 and sunny with a breeze vs. 59 and overcast with cold mist).  And nothing was achieved by returning to SF early that couldn't have been achieved later except making me drive 4 hours in a five hour span.  That being said:  nice eyelashes.
And then he left for Texas for forever and I spent the next two days in my apartment pouting and hating on SF because that is apparently how I grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment