Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Driving Sux

I think the pieces of my spine have fused together.  And then the base of it has been welded to my hips.  Driving so long for so often is literally melting my bones together.  It's a wonder I can stand at all.

My knees... correction knee, the one attached to my right foot attached to the pedal... creaks and aches. It isn't getting fused together.  It's getting ground away.  One day there won't be anything there at all, just two long bones, jiggling around every which way because they aren't long enough to touch anymore and all the tendons have relaxed like overused hair bands.

I've run out of things to think about while I drive.  Or maybe I have too many.  The point is, I fixate on about 3 topics.  There's only so much planning I can do for my move before I know where I'm going.  I've started replaying old This American Life's because the songs on the radio don't change fast enough.  I can only listen to Avicii's Wake Me Up 7 times a day, no matter how much I love the song.

I come home and it's so late.  I should be paid for time on the road.  I'm still thinking about school most times.

If I can think at all.

Sometimes I just stare into the distance.  I've memorized the rivets on the Bay Bridge.  I read the plaques I never knew about as I sit there, stopped for 20 minutes everyday.  I've memorized the plaques.

I hate driving.

I miss nature.  I miss air.

I leave my bottled air apartment for my bottled air car to go to my bottled air classroom.  It's a good thing I work in a portable or I'd never see sunshine or smell trees or know the weather at all.

I don't sit during the day.

I don't think I'm allowed.  I use up my quota on the road.

There's gotta be a better way to get to work.  Next time.  I'm living biking/walking/public transpo distance from my school.  I've gotta.  I've just gotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment