After maybe 8 hours or so we entered Colorado (I thought), and much like with Kansas I expected the landscape to change immediately. It didn't. Not for a loooonnnnggg time. At that point, I was tired of Kansas (or Coloransas as I've learned it's called). Finally around Limon, CO we started to see something new. I'm standing at the gas pump, when I see that the guy in front of me is wearing black booty shorts. I give him a strange look and continue munching my fries while mom pumps gas. As the man walks around the passenger side of his van, past his wife, I suddenly get an eye-full. His schlong is hanging out, swaying in the wind, and he just keeps walking like it's NBD. I think to myself "He's not wearing shorts after all, there's got to be a law against that." A couple seconds later, I realized what had actually happened. About 10 minutes later, I realized that the best response would have been to walk up to the passenger side, tap on the window, and say to his wife "Excuse me, your husband just showed me his penis."
Unfortunately, the first thing I did was contemplate involving the police and then decided that would delay the trip for too long. I hope I didn't give him any kind of satisfaction from that act. I feel like the response he was looking for was for me to freak out. I didn't, but I did tell my mom and she kept looking over at him until we left. And I wonder if that was enough to reinforce him.
Anyway, we continued on to Denver, and I've got to say that drive became one of the most beautiful yet. And then there's Denver sitting at the foot of the freaking Rockies looking breathtaking. We're taking a day off to fart around in Denver and then tonight I'm seeing my beautiful friend Abigail, just about an hour away.
One day I will post pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment