So this is a fashion blog today?
Oftentimes, when I want something, I will draw it. Right now, I want some clothes that are hipster as shit, but I can't really afford to buy any new clothes. Especially since I'm about go get my hair done then spend even more money buying
this and
this. We all know how I love a good metro. So I present you with a very self-indulgent post (unlike the rest, which are all totally written for all of you, all the time, no exceptions) in which I show off some drawings and some questionable, San Francisco-induced fashion choices.
 |
| I call this page of my sketchbook: outfits-I'm-infatuated-with-but-can't-have-yet-or-maybe-ever. I've clearly been working up to buying these for awhile; you'll notice that I tell you exactly what stores I'm going to for each item. |
 |
Colored Denim Skinnies (Ambiance on Haight), "Southwest"-design shirt (X Generation on Haight), Black/Brown Lens Aviators with Gold Frame (???), Leopard Print TOMS (my own)
|
My most recent fashion desire is colored denim. For some reason I'm caught up in the idea of red, despite the horrible painful clash with my hair.
 |
Combat boots (Zappos?), chunky wool socks & patterned knee-high tights (SockShop on Haight), black leggings (American Apparel).
|
Of all the images this is the most likely to actually come to fruition. I almost bought the boots today with my left over Christmas money, but Zappos didn't have my size. And let me tell you, cute vegetarian-ish combat boots are hard to come by (and don't get me started on Vegetarian/Vegan moccasins!).
 |
| Vintage 1960's Blue jumper with Daisy Print (That Vintage Store in the Haight with the knitted ties and the big stone steps), Gold Gladiator Sandals (My Sister's), Gold Belt (Imaginary), Yellow Wayfarer Sunglasses (That sunglasses store in the Haight maybe? Target?) |
So this is actually my biggest shopping regret. I saw this jumper way back in December when I was Christmas shopping with Luke and his impulsive "try it on" didn't jive with my "I have to think about it" mode of shopping. Honestly, I never really learned how to deal with companions when I'm shopping. I missed out on that experience of "going to the mall with your girlfriends". If I had been alone I probably would have doubled back to the store in an hour and tried it on then (and of course, still wouldn't have been able to bring myself to buy it). So I spent the next couple weeks wanting it and wanting it. And by the time I finally made it back to the store (
determined to get it) it had already been snatched up. Every time I'm in the Haight, I go back to that store and look for it, as if the person who bought would have suddenly changed their mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment