Sent my Valentine's.
![]() |
| http://everywheremag.com/photos/11463 |
Went to Green Apple Books on Clement.
Why don't I go there all time? It's amazing. Fuck Barnes and Noble in Marin. Half (if not a majority) of the books there are used. It's like this wonderland of used books and music that takes up two stores. I don't care for Clement Street, but I love Green Apple Books. Of course, I talked myself out of any possible purchases. My book buying splurge and NorthFace rain jacket aquisition from the last couple weeks has left me somewhat strapped for cash.
Went to Cheap Pete's on Geary.
Cheap Pete's sells frames. And they aren't actually cheap. I mean, not compared to Target. But they are generally better looking. I got a nice floating frame for the D.C. metro map I printed when I first graduated college and was going into the city for auditions and performances. But now I don't know where to hang it.
Successfully navigated the city by bike all by myself.
I had a hair appointment down in the Lower Haight and what with all my other errands I had planned I decided I'd forgo walking to use San Francisco's other super-popular mode of transportation: biking. I had walked to the Lower Haight a couple times before so I knew biking would be a breeze (it's only a mile or two from my house). But I still felt super cool when I rolled up to my hair salon on my bike. I had forgotten my helmet though and felt like a fool as the cars on blew past me on Fell street.
Saw an old woman in the Lower Haight with neon blue pixie cut.
That will be me when I'm old. When my hair is white (well, actually, looking at my aunt, mother, and grandmother my hair will probably be 'salt and pepper') and fine, I will cut it short and die it a new flamboyant color every week to match my flamboyant clothes. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about check out this fantastically dressed lady.
Got my hair done.
My hairdresser was chugging a MexiCoke (coke from Mexico has real sugar in it apparently) and seemed pretty sluggish and non-conversational the whole time. Turns out she was hungover. Not judging. That wouldn't happen in the suburbs, haha. Also a lot of the hairdressers at my salon are covered in tattoos.
Been near fainting since 1:00.
Like vertigo-inducing hunger. I've been doing this thing recently when I'm crying sad: not eating (on Thursday, I found out my dog passed away). Also, let's be real: I hate eating. Okay, that sounds wrong. But seriously, eating is damn inconvenient. So let me rephrase. I love eating. I love food. But I just wish it was more like sex: you could do it when you wanted to instead of on a strictly regimented schedule where you start feeling shitty if you skip it. So then you could do all the stuff you wanted to do in a day, no interruptions, no pauses, and then when you are in the mood for something totally awesome and pleasure inducing... you'd eat. And sometimes you could do it in the middle of the day, or when you first wake up in the morning, or if you can't sleep, or really quick during your break at work, or right there in the movies.
![]() |
| Seriously, the moment they invent food pills I will be all over that. They can have all the calories of real food, no big. I'll probably never eat lunch again. |




No comments:
Post a Comment