Thursday, February 23, 2012

Porch Light

I've made approximately one request of my roommates since I've moved in.  Leave the porch light on.  I get in late.  And don't like the dark; in fact, my biggest fear is easily "attacked in the night".

When I went out on Tuesday, I turned on the porch light knowing I'd be getting in after dark.  When I came home, it had been turned off.  Last night, I roll in again to a dark doorstep.  This morning, I very politely (and without pointing out that I've asked them both multiple times to stop being inconsiderate little fuckers and to leave the damn light on) email them.  It says this:

Hey Ladies!

Could you make sure you leave the porch light on for me?  I'll turn it off when I get in.   If I do get in early and forget to turn it off right away, I always turn it off before bed.  On those nights that I get in at 11:00 /11:30, it's comforting to come home to a well-lit area.

Thanks,

 The response I get from Fat Bitch is this:

I'll try and remember. It's not in my routine of using since it hasn't worked most of the 5+ years of living there and some nights I don't sleep at home and don't get there till the morning to get ready for work.

 I don't need a fucking excuse Fat Bitch.  If you are home, just do it.

Or maybe I should respond like this "I know you dont do it on purpose.  I would just like you to be more aware when you are at home so that things like this dont keep happening"  That by the way, is a lovely little email response I got from Stacy when I accidentally left my alarm clock on in the morning.  Or maybe I should say "Would it be helpful if I left you post-it note reminders when you forget?" Like I get in the morning if I leave hair on the shower wall (better than in the drain if you ask me).

Oh and way to drop (again) how long you've been living here.  In case you are wondering, that doesn't make you in charge of the apartment.  And it doesn't impress me; in fact, I think it's pretty fucking sad.

I just hate them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I know what you mean. I've asked my housemates (multiple times in the nicest way I can) to do things I think are fairly basic and logical (i.e. turn the deadbolts, remove your own hair from the hair catcher, etc.), but with little success. I actually think my male housemate, who's 28, might be in denial about losing his hair, which is why he never does the latter.
    I'm sorry your housemates are bitches. :(

    ReplyDelete