Friday, September 21, 2012

Little Talks

Internet:  Mel, you aren't blogging every two days, what a refreshing change!  I mean-- we missed you!
Mel:  Thanks, Internet, it's nice to know you care.

Seriously though, I need to get my body acclimated to this new, relentless schedule because it's not going to slow down anytime soon.  It's making it hard to sleep.  Honestly, I devote a lot of time to leisure and without it, I'm in kind of a weird place.  The first week of school involved struggling to fall asleep, then waking up multiple times to cough.  I overcame that thanks in large part to Nighttime Robitussin.  This week, I'm falling asleep fine on my own.  But now I'm having weird dreams.  Last night I jerked awake from a nightmare guest starring Luke.  I don't remember what it was about, but I just know that I didn't appreciate it all.

My new hipster glasses finally came in the mail from Virginia after a long and harrowing journey.  They look awesome.  As one of my kids said they are "nerd glasses".  Oddly enough, she said that as a compliment.  As in "Melissa, I like your nerd glasses".

My bangs are becoming an issue.  Stringy and in my face.  I think they are going to end up growing out.

I am continually fighting the urge to become a brunette.  Financially it would be much more sensible.  And generally less of a hassle.  But each time I look in the mirror, it just seems too weird.

I am reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.  Don't.  Just don't.  Whatever myriad of excuses you have to do so, fight them.  It isn't worth it.  These books make me so angry.  But like with most men, I'm not willing to let go of them until I've seen this thing all the way through to the end.  Even though I'm not enjoying myself and it clearly isn't working out, I have to let this thing run it's course to the end in the hopes that it will redeem itself and actually be pleasant at some point.  I will most likely post on my pure hatred for the Fifty Shades Trilogy after I've finished all three books, but not yet not until I have all the facts.

My three new fave songs are:

"Dear Avery" by the Decemberists

"Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men

"Rivers and Roads" by The Head and the Heart
They are going to be at Hardly Strictly and you KNOW I will be at that concert.

1 comment: