Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Great Wave

My life is a pendulum in full swing.  One minute everything is hectic and intense, the next it's stagnant and empty, and then back to hectic.  When am I going to find balance?  First  I'm practically catatonic, hopelessly hating my job and the silence in my apartment. Then suddenly I'm going full speed at camp, working all day, hanging out at night, cursing my play as yet another demand on my time.  Next, I'm in Virginia watching too much TV and making a dinner date for every night.  Then I'm back in SF, sitting alone on my couch with a translation or two of the Tao Te Ching because I can't get anyone to even meet me for coffee.  One day I don't speak until 5 o'clock; and, of course, it's to myself.  Now I'm back at work all day, my voice is hoarse, Abigail and I make dinner before bed on the nights I don't have rehearsals, on the weekends I have class and kickball and I'm then back at work.  Back and forth and back and forth.  My previously spotless and fully decorated apartment has fallen into disarray and my posters are stored under my bed, no hope of being being hung up anytime soon.  Tao reminds us to take shit as it comes and roll with the tides.  So that's what I'm gonna do.  But I just wanted to comment that I'm damn tired and would like to hang those posters some day.  And do laundry.  And watch TV and read books all day.  But just one day or two.  Because I love being busy and going to Opera in the Ballpark and Hardly Strictly and class and making dinner too.  Back and forth and back and forth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment