Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet Nothing

Allow me add an addendum to my frantic musing of last night:

I'm in a weird transitory state about it all.  I'm like moving in a direction where I could be open to the idea again.  I know I need to be in a state of mind where I could be open about it again.  There are a lot of things I miss about dating:

  1. waking up next to someone
  2. falling asleep next to someone
  3. all the sexy stuff of course
  4. having someone you can unabashedly call up at anytime and say "I want to see you/I miss you"  You don't always have to hang out, but it nice to be able to say that and hear the same thing in return.
  5. having someone you can talk freely to
  6. holding someone
  7. running your hands through their hair
  8. kissing
  9. having a partner in crime, so to speak
  10. that high when you're first meeting someone
  11. being held
  12. getting to really know someone and letting them know you, no holds barred
Of course, dating indiscriminately (as I did for several years) means you lose numbers 4, 5, 9, and 12.  But only being friends with women misses the others (if not all of them).  And there is the also the fear that the only reason I want to start dating again is in a feeble attempt to erase some obnoxious, conflicting feelings for a guy I once dated.  So like, I dunno what I'm about right now.

"Sweet Nothing"
Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment