Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Worst Choice Ever

Dear Internet,

Please help me convince myself that dying my hair brown is a bad a idea.  An idea as ill-conceived as that 2009 pixie cut that everyone assured me was "so cute".

Before Emma Watson made it cool even.


I mean, sure it was cute... but what's cute when you used to be awesome?

As for this brown hair nonsense, everyone I ask is like "you could pull it off."  But like wouldn't it be a downgrade?  Wouldn't it?

My hair you see, grows out of my head like this:
Hi Dad!
But for the past thousand million years I've been using the miracles of science to make it look like this:

Hi sophomore year Mel! 
Except for that brief period of time when I looked like this:

I had a lot of feelings.  And a lot of make-up.
But now, with a thinly stretch wallet and thinly stretched time it seems like such a hassle to pay someone a TRILLION DOLLARS every two months to sit in a salon for SIX THOUSAND HOURS while she chemically poisons my hair.

So now I've gone out and bought this nonsense:



And I'm really worried I'm gonna use it.  It's only semi-permanent (so it should wash out... maybe), but putting any kind of dye on my hair by myself without professional help is likely to make it just DISGUSTING. I could look like the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.  Oh and I'd need new headshots:

www.plehalphotography.com

I sound like I'm talking myself out of it.  But I'm really not. I really need people to help me out here and tell me the red hair is clearly SUPERB.  I need people to tell me it's really a large part of my physical appeal.  Because I think it is.  But sometimes I don't listen to myself when I should.  Nathan told me it was.  But I never listen to Nathan.


No comments:

Post a Comment