Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm Not a First Grader, don't teach me like one

I'm suffering through another tortuous day at the UC Berkeley Extension building.  After spending the past hour and 15 minutes reviewing the information from the previous four sessions, I decided to excuse myself to the computer lab.  My hand was getting cramped from the elaborate detailing I was adding to my doodles.  I'm struck by the realization that if this were an acutal college course, we would have just wasted an entire class meeting on a pointless review.  Unsurprisingly, I have decided to try to test out of this program.  I only have a week to review, but hopefully I'll pass and will only have to waste a small handful Saturdays more.

This class, along with many of daily interactions, brings to light the fact that I am smarter than most people I interact with in this world.  I miss that false, shiny bubble of college where I was actually one of the mediocre ones.  Oddly enough, that was great.  Gave me something to aspire to, rather than making me feel dragged down.  Also, people wrote great, well-formulated emails.  And if they didn't?  Everyone was on your side when you ridiculed their misuse of "you're".

1 comment: