Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful

A lot of people posted about the things they were thankful for yesterday, things I hadn't even thought about once.  And so I started thinking and realized it was kind of hard for me right now.  As we all know I've been complaining a lot and am not super happy with my life right now.  Which made me realize that I really should figure out what's great in my life.  B/c let's face it.  Life is great.  No matter how shitty it gets.

1.  My family:  I love them.  I do.  And I may not call home as often as I should, but I can't wait to go home for Christmas and just hang out with them.  They're good people.

2.  Nate: He's been the most important force in my life this year.  I've never had a friendship like the one I have with him.  Someone I can be frank with.  100%.  I never hesitate to tell him anything.  Sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, religion, emotion.  To elaborate.  To argue.  I've known him for 7 years, and I'm confident that we'll be friends for the rest of our lives.  And he's the only person I've ever felt that way about.  I know I can be the worst version of myself with him and he'll still love me.  Family.
He doesn't look like this anymore.  Unfortunately, I also see this kid like once a year.  And neither one of us are big picture takers.  I've explained that we only have like 5 pictures together from the past seven years, right?  Anyway, if he's studying in Swem, then this is like sophomore or junior year of college. 
3.  My apartment:  Fully furnished in a safe, familiar neighborhood.  I appreciate that.
4.  Marketable Degrees:  I may not have a job I like, but I'm not without skills.  Skills that can actually make a difference in this world, not just push money around.  I never realized, but that's actually something that's pretty important to me.  That actually positively impacting the world.

5.  No debt:  My parents were instrumental in making sure I didn't have to take out student loans for college, and GOD I didn't realize how freeing that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment