I launched my reading program in full and it's sooooooooo beautiful. First, kids wrote or read independently (while I presumably conferenced with them, but this morning I just let them get in the groove). In the second session, kids were doing spelling bees to study their spelling packets, while others read in partners. It was so smooth and quiet and beautiful. We've got another hour of literacy after lunch and music, but I hope it goes just as good.
Math went really smooth today too.
Of course I spent an hour talking about the book report projects we have this year... but not everything can be perfect.
Still felt really smooth though. Which was nice. 5th grade is chill and I really like teaching and I like this school district. Now if only I could have friends and a pet.
![]() |
| "Almost There" Disney's Princess and the Frog |

Sounds amazing! Sometimes I think I should've gone into elementary ed.
ReplyDelete