I wrote a poem for Virginia during writing time the other day (I didn't share it with the kids, but the teacher is supposed to write for 5-10 minutes with them). It's super dorky, but I thought I'd share:
Miss Virginia
She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met.
But she had her moods.
She could be boiling hot.
Or frigid.
Cold.
Damning.
"Stay away!"
She'd howl.
Blustering, she'd slam my door,
Sending ice though my veins.
And she could make me melt.
Swelter
Suffer.
Sticky
Disgusting
It was always so terrible.
Being around her when she was like that.
But I miss her so,
When she was sweet
And smelled like honeysuckle
And her smile held the promise of summer,
And lazy days with her
By the pool.
Listening to her cicada hum beside me,
And
Her gentle snowy skin
Snowflakes on her lashes
That make her sparkle.
I loved her at night
Crickets
Streetlamps
And solitude,
Just the two of us.
Alone forever
With her gentle beautiful moods
So sweet, puts tears in my eyes. I'm sure Virginia would love you to visit or come stay a while.
ReplyDelete