Sunday, January 20, 2013

Poems

There are two things I have always been opposed to:  poetry and philosophy. Poetry always seems to mock me.  Like, "you think you're (oh my god, at least 7 people read this before I fixed that typo,  how embarrassing) so smart, huh?  Then how come you can't make sense of this?!"  FUCK YOU POETRY.  I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY.

But you see enough snip-its of e.e. cummings poems on tumblr, and eventually your curiosity is peaked.  And hell, I've gotta say:  I'm sorry I judged you so rashly, Poetry.  Not all poems are bad.  In fact, some are downright enjoyable.  I might even purchase this collection.  And read more.

WELL DONE E.E. CUMMINGS.

Also, here's some pictures of me getting ready for my first audition in like a year:

I felt very forced into auditioning for Liesl.  A role that I'm not actually vocally capable of and 10 years too old for.  Needless to say, I didn't get a callback.

I think a white lace dress is as essential to a girl's wardrobe as a little black dress.
Oh, and here are some overdue pictures of my new haircut/color.  Abigail says it looks way more red than it used to, but I think she's just being nice.  If you ask me it's as dark and brown as it's ever been.  Also I had a really hard time making a nice face for these pictures.  Sorry.

Eh.
Warmer.
WARMER.
Close enough.

As for philosophy, Nate agrees that it's probably something that I secretly into as well.  Which reminds me, I think I'm gonna try to get back in contact with Luke at some point this year.  Resolve some self-perceived conflict.

2 comments:

  1. I love e.e. cummings. one day I plan on getting one/a part of one of his poem as a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete