Thursday, January 10, 2013

Settling In

WELP.  I was bitten by a student for the first time today.  Right of passage, I'm told.

And I managed to act civil towards the P.E. teacher.  The P.E. teacher is very attractive; naturally my instinct was to ignore him so completely that it erred on shunning.  If I talked/interacted/acknowledged him, he might realize I was into him.  If he knew that, he'd obviously think of me as this gooey sack of uncontrollable emotion.  This hopeless, simpering sad-sack that follows him around, sighing, hoping he'll look my way.

You know like: "Dude, that stringy freak from the drama department is staring at me again.  She's like obsessed with me."  And there I'd be lurking behind my locker and picking food out of my braces as my glasses slip down my deviated septum.

Then of course, I realized that I wasn't in high school anymore.  I also figured it was better to treat him like all my other co-workers.  You know, 'cuz the only way you can find out if someone's an interesting person is by interacting with them.

And I just went on a Facebook defriending spree.  So all in all a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment