I know it's my East Coast mentality, but if you say you you're gonna call me on Friday, and then send me an email the next day confirming that you will call me on Friday, then you know what? You better call me on Friday. I. Don't. Care. If the call is pointless. It's your job. As my boss. To follow through. To call me with details when you say will.
I also. Expect you to be decisive. If you want me to work on Saturday, say so. If you need to cancel the meeting on Saturday. Then do it. Don't call me, in the car, when you are pissy at the bicyclists in front of you. And tell me that it's going to be a beautiful day on Saturday, and maybe it's best to not work. I don't give a flying fuck what your excuse is. You are the boss. If you want to cancel on Saturday because it's beautiful. Then do it. Don't ask my permission. I'm not the boss. You are. Be in charge. Stop acting so 26.
Decisive and professional and responsible while still being responsive to your staff's needs. That's what I expect every boss to be. Christopher L. Owens. I want everyone I work under to be Professor/Director Christopher L. Owens.
No comments:
Post a Comment