Merry Holiday everyone! I've been in such a good mood the past couple days that I just wanted to share.
I've been feeling incredibly optimistic since I started my new job. I mean, I can already see so many flaws with it, but I can also see enough to make me hopeful. Actually, I'm hella hopeful about this new year in general. I think part of it has to do with having really clear goals for the first time since moving to SF.
Basically, I've realized that I want my own classroom next year. And I'm putting all my energy into making that happen. Resumes. Interviews. Reference letters. Electronic Portfolio.
Also, it just feels like things are falling into place. I'm getting two weeks at home to recharge and see the people I love. It's snowed a couple times. There's nothing like waking up to a snowy neighborhood.
And guys, I'm so glad I wrote that post about Luke. After writing, it felt like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Like all those feelings have been slipping away; my head's been clearing. I'm finally starting to gain perspective. See things for what they really were, you know? It's like when you're a kid and they tell you to write all your bad feelings on a letter, then tie it to a balloon, and let the balloon float away. I swear someone told me that once. And to shout your angry feelings down the drain. It also helps that Luke's in a new relationship and is as good as keeping secrets from the internet as I am.
Anyway, I'm so excited for next year in SF. Of course, there's that constant voice in the back of my head, screaming out all my doubts and stuff, but like, I feel great right now. I'm fixing my hair on Monday. I'm signing up for new health insurance benefits on Tuesday and I'm committed to making use of them. I'm starting Improv classes that week: could be rad, could be lame. I think I'm gonna cancel Netflix in favor of an Rdio subscription and reading more books. I'm feeling really zen about my where I am and where I'm going in life. I've started hearing love songs again. I've got my summer job all lined up. This Harry Potter tattoo seems like it's finally going to happen (after years of stalling). I'm just really excited. Things feel like they are falling into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment