“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” - Mr. RogersSomeone posted this on Facebook Re: Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, CT and I really liked it. So many people are casting blame and hate and outrage. And it's not like we need more of that, right? I just want to fill the world with positivity and help the kids I interact with be loving, caring people. I want to live a life of love and support. I feel like it's the only way to make take care of this world. To take care of the people in it. To have an impact on the people in it. And to help society flourish. I don't see the long-term payoff of being angry or jaded, except to maybe protect yourself from being hurt. Maybe that's what that awful irony article was trying to say all along.
Love Always,
Mel

No comments:
Post a Comment